Sunday, November 1, 2009

Looking Back

I am somebody who should never look at pictures. I love the past, I love memories, I love friends who I rarely see anymore. When I look at pictures it makes me dwell on those things in the past instead of preparing for the great experiences in front of me. Pictures and the memories that belong to them are great, but for me, they are like that "bad" friend you parents didn't want you hanging out with in high school---they always get you in trouble. Looking back--even for just a minute--is always a bad idea foe me.

For the record, I didn't have a "bad" friend in high school. I was probably someone else's though.


I'm trying to look ahead...




1 comment:

小芸 said...

Dan, I totally know what you mean man. It's difficult, but one way to continue looking at pictures and not dwell is to force a different frame of thinking. Not so much as, oh that's gone, but wow, I am so blessed to have had those memories in my life, and it is possible to continue making good ones!