Thursday, June 4, 2009

Where to move to...

I had recently been looking into buying a house--for two main reasons. 1. I need a place to live. 2. It can be a great investment if you know what your doing.
This research has yielded three main results. 1. I am poor and can't afford a shed --despite a reasonable savings, perfect credit, and what I would have thought a decent income. 2. I am feeling more and more trapped. 3. Moving away from here all together would be nice.
Above discoveries have helped encourage me to investigate further my future.
All further information is based on the knowledge that:
1. I am lucky to have the job I have, but am ready for a new one.
2. I am highly regarded at my company, but due to current economy am stuck at current position and salary for the time being.
3. I want to have as much freedom from association with my family as possible.
4. I love the people I work with, but am not sure if I love them enough not to move away.
5. I am generally unhappy.

As I had done in one of my previous post, I am once again wondering whether I should throw caution to the wind and try something completely random or stick around and do whats most realistic.

Move to Seattle and try to become a cop--
would be on the other side of the country far from my family--good, except far from my small amount of close friends as well as my nieces and nephews--> VERY BAD.
Pay is great for cops in Seattle. I like Seattle. I have other friends in Seattle. The weather can be gorgeous. There are a lot of pretty girls there.
However, it would take me months to determine whether I could even pass all the tests to become a cop, and then find out whether they would hire me even if i do complete all requirements. What I do while I wait to find out? I have to have a WA state drivers license in order to be hired. So I would have to move there pretty early in the process.
Some of my reservations about becoming a cop a few years ago, no longer apply.

I have two different sets of friends who are looking into getting a place together locally.
I could stay here with the great company i am with now and live with them...but I would be paying rent--alot of rent, which has always been something I have resented the idea of. I liken renting to throwing money away, though I know most don't feel that way.
I would have awesome people to live with and as a result would have more of a life than i do now--which is good and bad.
it sure would be a lot easier to stay.

I always do whats easiest.

I hold a lot of anger.

No comments: