Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let us Stand as One

There are so many reasons why I wanted to stand today with millions of other Americans to cheer and celebrate, for change, for love, for peace---there are so many reason I should be proud to be an American.
However, today I am not proud to be an American, I am ashamed. I am ashamed at the pettiness of the American people. On a day in which I should be proud of the changes and growth that our country has made over the last few decades, I instead feel angry and bitter that my country joined in unison to boo our former president.
There are many reasons not to like George Bush, but to stand in front of the world and boo him? Is this not supposed to be a time of change? We are not hated by the world because we are in Iraq or because we use physical force to police other countries, we are hated because we are perceived as arrogant and insolent---today we showed that it may not be a mere perception.

No matter your political leanings, as Americans it is our responsibility to respect and support our nation’s leaders. God Bless President Obama, hopefully he will instill change in this country.

Shame on you America! Today you dishonored every president who has ever served or will serve this country.

Changes by Tupac

"It's time for us as a people to start makin' some changes.
Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live
and let's change the way we treat each other.
You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do
what we gotta do, to survive."

1 comment:

小芸 said...

Wow, did you hear the boos on tv? From where I was standing, only a small group of people boo'ed at Bush but it died down pretty quickly

Yeah, booing Bush wasn't the most mature thing people did