Last night I went out for a walk and while out I started praying and my worries regarding the future came to heart. The fact that I get way to caught up in both the past and future while spending way to little time in the present is nothing new. However, last night God really seemed to draw to my attention that my focus and concern over things in the future are really pointless; our purpose and focus belong on Heaven. What is joy here on earth, that will not be greatly exceeded in Heaven? It's so easy to overlook eternity when we are living in this world, you hear the word eternity, but the significance doesn't sink in. Well I would like to have a larger focus on the word--on the gift--eternity.
This isn't to say that I have had some sort of life changing conversion of focus, but just that I need to remember that ultimately my life on this earth is meant to share with others about the gift of and prepare myself for eternity. This life matters, but only in how it prepares me for life with Christ. How I life this life should be completely reflected in how I love my Savior.
Lord, please remind me of this every day.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment