Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Personal Struggle

I am battling over whose voice I should be listening to. I have some things I am really wrestling with and I am begging God to ease my heart to make clear to me the decisions I need to make. However, at the same time I am constantly seeking the counsel of friends; most of these friends are strong Christian brothers and sisters, but I am torn as to whether I am listening to their words or whether the Lord is speaking through them to me. Further complicating this issue, is that while the advice I am getting is good, it is not necessarily consistent. And my struggle only seems to be getting stronger. I am never satisfied with what I am hearing either, I am constantly wanting to talk to more people and get more input. I strongly doubt God is having me speak to so many people, I am worried its actually my lack of faith that is constantly provoking me towards others for counsel.
I am hoping and praying that God will make things clear to me, and that I will follow his path with confidence, not wavering when my lack of faith tries to push itself in.

1 comment:

小芸 said...

unfortunately, we are not called to understanding or more knowledge or satisfaction of where we are in terms of our faith, but rather ... obedience. this is something i've been learning slowly but surely. always praying for you brother