I entered college 7 years ago, have been out for 3.
I have been working the same job for the last 28 months, thought I'd be out in 12.
Every time I stop to think about it, another year or more has slipped by.
I feel like it was only a few weeks ago I was complaining about turning 25, isn't it too quick for me to already be complaining about another year having gone by?
For goodness sakes I need something to grab hold of to slow this thing down--it's all moving way too quick.
I kinda imagine I am on a roller coaster, the first portion of my life was slow and tedious as I climbed up towards the highest point, then I hit this certain moment and the brake was released and I started flying down this slope so fast and so jolting that I could barely see where I was or what was going on around me. I can't even tell where the last few years have gone. What if just like as if on a roller coaster I explode through the final few stages and then there is nothing left but to get off the ride.
I don't want it all to end before I even realize its begun.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment