Conversation I just had with my mom about a wonderful investment opportunity.
Me: So mom, I have a great idea for an investment for you...
Mom: (looking very skeptical) yeah?
Me: I think you should investment in me!
Mom: ... (thinking: haven't I been doing that for last 25 years)
Me: I would like you to pay some of the bills at my new house! (referring to the house I bought a few months ago, but don't live in yet)
Mom: (still looking very skeptical but not saying anything)
Me: (picking up on her hesitance) Well think about it. If I move out, you will save so much money. You will save tons of money on electricity and food. Think of all the money you'll save! You won't even know what to do with it all.
Mom: (silently thinking I am a loon)
Me: (thinking I have her hooked) Now, what better way to use your new found wealth than to spend it on me!!
Me (again): I will be saving you so much money that you can turn around and invest it in me. There are no better opportunities out there. I know, I work at FINRA...
Mom: yeah
Me: yeah! (got her! SUCKA)
Mom: (maybe this will get him out my house...)
Somehow, I don't think this will turn out like I hope...
Friday, June 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment