His wedding was this weekend in Seattle, his marriage is his greatest success.
He played the role of the good guy, the best friend, the guy every girl loved and wanted to be friends with, but not date. He played that role his entire life, because he knew being the good guy was what God commanded of him. (I still don't get the reasons the good girls have for avoiding the good guys). He is a hopeless romantic. And I mean the real kind. Not a romantic guy, or a wanna be, but a real-life, full sense of the phrase 'hopeless romantic'. The one that would drive 22 hours to see a girl after meeting her one time; he is the guy who would fly across country to surprise his new girlfriend if just for a weekend; he is the guy who would get down on one knee to the kiss the hand of his bride before placing a ring on her finger, even while we laughed (I'm sure he didn't notice). He is the guy who would kneel at the feet of his wife to sing to her in front of a couple hundred people at his own wedding reception. He will be a great husband.
I sometimes wish I could be as loving and respectful to people as he is. The fact is, he is more respectful of the people who hate him, then I am to the people I care most for.
I can't be like Stephen, I can't be as giving of myself as he is of himself. He is one of a kind. And he got what he deserves, a beautiful, intelligent, and loving Christian girl.
Stephen, you have called yourself the master of the up-grade, but that isn't true, there is no higher grade than you. You got a the angel you deserved.
Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody

1 comment:
I'm sure you'll hate to hear this, but that was so sweet! It was very insightful and shows how much you've grown and how mature you can be.
Say hi to Bridget for me since you'll see her before I will.
Post a Comment