Writing
I really like the idea of this blog and I like the idea of writing in it. However, I feel I have matured from the days of Xanga-like writing and have not matured enough to write about books or important life questions like most of my friends. I like to think I would write about important things in my life, however, most of the time it just doesn't seem like I have many interesting life events that are worth writing about.
On that note...
My new Job
I just finished the forth week of my new job at FINRA (financial industry regulatory authority). The actual position isn't particularly interesting, I pretty much sit at a desk all day on the phone or internet helping to answer questions or process the needs of individual investors, financial Reps or firms. Despite the low-key position, I can't complain. I work with a lot of chill people many of which are similar in age to me. The job pays well and the benefits are great. Best of all, they hire from within, so less than a year from now I very well may be in a position which is far more interesting, developing some sort of career.
Girls
I have basically decided that I don't want to get married for a long long time. Right now I don't even like the idea of being in a relationship. For anyone who knows me well, this might come as a shock because for years I have said that more than anything else I want to get married and then have kids, and to give my all to make them happy and safe. While I still want to do all that at some point down the road, right now I am jaded by the idea of love. My heart is so incredibly broken for people that I love as a result of their relationship heartaches, I know I wouldn't be able to go into any relationship completely, I would be too protected and reserved. I believe it's unfair to the other person to go into a relationship half-heartedly and at this point, I know I would be that way.
My Time
All of my free time over the last month or so has been spent with my family. Birthdays, anniversaries, other various familial responsibilities, and helping my brother move. One brother (and for the time being his fiancee) is back in the area, so I have spent some time chilling with him (and her) before he goes into basic for chaplaincy next month.
One of my brothers got a new apartment in D.C., and so I have spent most of every weekend for the last month down there spending time with him and helping him move. It's been pretty great being able to spend all this time with him, even though the reason for doing so isn't exactly what either of us would have hoped for.
My Car
While I was in D.C. this weekend, my car was stolen. Apparently it's just nice enough to steal, but just old enough for me to think it didn't need any security...surrounded by BMWs I think most people would have thought their car secure (stupid hi-teck security systems!!) Every other time I have been down there during the last month I have taken my CD player, Ipod and basically anything else of value out of my car when I parked it, I didn't this time. Ironic this is the time it's stolen. I made sure nothing was obvious enough to break a window and steal...it didn't occur to me that the car itself was a smash and grab level merchandise.
The good news, the car was found last night. The bad news, the extent of the damage isn't yet known to me. A Virginia cop called me to say it was found with it's ignition ripped out and it was getting towed to a impound lot to be investigated. So I won't even know what condition its in for at least another day when I will be able to call the investigators. I have no idea what is broken or missing. For all I know it could be in pretty good shape still, or torched...I guess the condition of my own car isn't something I am allowed to know. Heres to hoping that the damage is under a thousand bucks...or at least my first two paychecks...
For the most part I am actually staying pretty calm and even a little thankful (weird I know) about the whole thing. I just keep reminding myself that in the realm of bad things...a lot worse could have happened.
Maybe next time I write here I will have something else cool to talk about...like a broken hand...or a giant bug bite. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
holy essay! :)
So Dan. I quit SW and now I'm back in the east coast - just arrived in ny tonight
Post a Comment